Monday, December 14, 2009

So Long Roy


Roy Halladay getting interviewed after his last home start as a Blue Jay

I really owe James F. Ward a thank you. You see, on September 24th, he sent an email out to my group of friends saying that he had 2 tickets to the next night's Jays game. Since he isn't that big of a fan of baseball, he offered the tickets to us. Matty P was up for it, and I was too. As an added bonus, Roy Halladay was starting.

When we got to the game, we searched out dinner (Smoked Meat for me - a mistake as the cost/size ration was pretty poor.) Then we went to our seats. We were 25 rows up from home plate.



We were treated to what can only be called a classic Halladay start, the type of start Jays fans had come to expect from Roy. At the end of the game, the fans were chanting Roy's name, knowing that they might have witnessed Roy's last home start as a Jay.

Today, it looks like those suspicions are now reality.

I'm oddly calm about this. Maybe July's dances with trading Halladay has prepared me for this. The Yankees' victory in the World Series probably reinforced that the Jays need to both spend and reload on premium prospects. Become Boston north, in other words. And the best way to do this is to trade your best asset - Halladay.

Just don't talk to me come opening day. I'm pretty sure my calm will have turned to anger and sadness on what could have been.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

Hey, I actually removed a comment which was just spam. Getting spam? I think I'v made it!

9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home